Many Creators trying to bring their item concepts to market are absolutely squashed by rejection. So, I assumed I would certainly provide a checklist of several of the factors you might have obtained rejected. It does not cover every reason you can obtain turned down, however, hopefully, it will give you something to think of.
You need to understand that creating is basically a numbers game! Yes, you still require to have a good idea but you will certainly find that regardless of exactly how good an idea you may believe it is you can still get denied. Lots of marketable ideas are declined regularly. Even if it does not make sense to you that they would certainly decline an idea that they agree would certainly pay. Below are some usual reasons that also valuable ideas are rejected.
1. The company may currently have a complete line of products as well as not intending to add more.
2. The item is outside their target market.
3. You sent your entry to the wrong person in the company – don’t presume they’ll immediately send it to the appropriate one.
4. You sent out the suggestion unsolicited without calling the company initially to discover their entry policy, and also they denied it exclusively on that basis.
5. You did not have proper get in touch with information on your entry. (That is one of the highest errors Creators make. The business will not bother to track you down.).
6. They have a lot of similar products which market is flooded enough.
7. Your idea appeals to a very small niche market and they want mass-market items.
8. The expense to produce versus the ROI is expensive.
9. Your sales sheet did not WOW them as well as did not have consumer advantages information or was overloaded with too much information to sort with.
10. Your product has actually already been patented by somebody else as well as they don’t wish to see if they can walk around it or risk infringement problems.
11. Your item or concept isn’t better than what is already on the market. This tells them you did not research study your suggestion very well and also don’t have a clue who your competition is in the market.
12. You sent an item that is precisely like their current item which present item is a low vendor. So yours will not make out any far better.
13. Your concept is dated or is on the drop-off contrasted to what is appearing the list below year.
14. They already have a better solution than yours in the works for release that coming year. (This is likewise where Creators might shout the company stole their idea also when the firm has actually currently bought molds, design, examples, etc before the Developer speaking to the business regarding their concept. This takes place a great deal. Developers fail to remember that they are not the only ones creating.).
15. They have actually currently obtained a comparable concept from another Creator as well as are in negotiations with that Developer.
16. You have published your suggestion vulnerable online in one of those development uploading sites where others elect on your product to see if there is passion. Your public disclosure makes the company concerned whether any type of license protection would be enabled as well as transforms it down based on that concern.
17. You uploaded your vulnerable suggestion as well as video of the functioning model on YouTube and have a substantial number of hits. This again raises the concern whether any license would be possible as a result of your public disclosure.
18. You stated that you have actually a released license, yet when they do a fast search on your patent they see that it has expired because of non-payment of charges and it has been lapsed significantly past the due date. Making the possibilities of it being reinstated not likely.
19. You have a license, yet it was badly created as well as does not cover the real product. (This occurs a whole lot).
20. You have a design license and also designing around your patent is a simple job, which suggests they can anticipate extremely little security in the industry.
21. Occasionally the company you have actually approached just doesn’t take a look at outside concepts and also does not publicize that. So you get a denial letter, however it does not clarify they simply don’t look outside the business.
22. You sent them your product however they have actually already decided on their line for that year or the list below year and are closed to handling anything else back then.
23. They just think about things with a sales history they can examine as well as your thing has never ever been in production or marketed shops or online. So they do not intend to take the danger of being the first business to market it.
More details on this page: